Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 61

Have you ever wanted something so badly in your life because you knew in your gut that it was the right thing, but you had to wait?

Waiting. I hate it! I am one of the most impatient people in the world. When I want something, I go after it. When I need something, I would rather not wait to get it, I just go. When I want to talk to someone, it's right then, and if not, I get antsy.... Oh the struggles of character flaws.

I think that's why God has put some things in my life that I know that I have to wait for. For example, I know that I want to go into law. I love it, I can feel in my gut that's what God wants me to be doing... But I can't just be a lawyer right now... I have to finish undergrad, take the LSAT, apply to Law Schools, get into law school, pay for it, spend three years there, take the Bar exam, and then find a job... Whew. Just thinking about it all makes me a little bit anxious and impatient. But, I know that it will be well worth it.

There are things in my life that I want so desperately--Things that would seriously give me amazing satisfaction and increased happiness, but I can't have them right now. It's not the right time, not the right place, and not the right circumstances in my life for it to work. God is definitely telling me that. I just know that it would be a disaster if I tried to get it now.

And that's the frustrating part... Normally. But surprisingly, I have gotten such satisfaction from just waiting. I have been living for ME and doing things that I would only be able to do in this season of my life. I am serving in the best ways that I can, and just trusting God. And for once in my life, I am really not frustrated. Sure, I still want what I want... But I trust God and know that he will give me the desires of my heart if I just obey him!

Also, prayer. Prayer prayer prayer prayer prayer. I can't say it enough. It's something that I have never really done "religiously" (ha!) and something that I have been working on. I have found that praying, praying for things that I desire, talking to God about my struggles has helped me more than I can relate.

"22 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. 23 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. 24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours."
Mark 11:22-24

I have just really been giving God everything--and I have been so much more happy with my life! I'm more content while waiting, I am more understanding of seasons of waiting, I am better wanting to serve and live for God NOW. 

Prayer is just such an amazing thing!

God bless,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment