Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 62

"1 This letter is from Simon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ. I am writing to you who share the same precious faith we have. This faith was given to you because of the justice and fairness of Jesus Christ, our God and Savior.
 2 May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.
 3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.
 4 And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires."
2 Peter 1:1-4

There are just some things in life that we can't explain... Like our relationships with Jesus Christ. It takes a personal experience, connection, and a yearning to actually get to know God. You have to have the want-to in order to attain it.

I was talking to my mom last night after our Senior Night basketball game, and it really hit me that I have essentially one more year of college left here... I started really realizing last night that God brought me to KU for different reasons. I mean, so many amazing things have happened because I have been here. I have been given wonderful opportunities and have really solidified my life-goals. God has brought me hurt and pain, but that has made me a stronger and better person. I have better relationships with my friends and family, and I have really been able to grow in my faith journey on my own.

I have come to know Jesus personally, and I really have grown and matured as a young woman.

"When the storms of life come, the wicked are whirled away, but the godly have a lasting foundation."
Proverbs 10:25

I am just so incredibly blessed and thankful that I am doing what I do-living the life that I have been given. Sometimes it's hard--sometimes I get storms and winds and rains and my boat is definitely rocked... But I have this foundation that isn't shaken.

Do you ever have those moments where all of a sudden you realize that everything that has happened is a part of a greater plan that you could never have envisioned?

That's really what I was realizing last night. I am exactly where God wants me to be. I am doing what he wants from me, and I am really becoming aware of his design and will within my life.

I just praise God for our relationship and I am so sorry that I never wanted it earlier than I did.

God bless,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment