Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 71

I wonder how old Aaron was when he died. Hmm..

For my New Testament passage, I have just started Luke. Wow, what a guy. I mean, he wasn't actually one of the Apostles, but man, did he sure know and investigate his stuff. That's something that really strikes me--he says: "Having carefully investigated everything from the beginning..." (Luke 1:3). That's something that I have been doing of sorts. "Investigating." Asking the questions, seeking the answers, desiring to get accounts of WHY and WHAT and HOW... Everything that I've been told all my life, but never really understood.

There's something to be said for exploring all of the stories, the historical evidence, the proof--you come up with irrefutable evidence of Christ Jesus. My faith has been seriously strengthened the more I explore areas that I didn't have doubts about, but was confused about. There are no contradictions or exclusions from the Bible. There is complete access to the Apocrypha and explanations on why it was not included in the Bible's canon.

We have really been studying that in my college group, and I'm glad we have. Sometimes, it's just something we don't think about, we don't question... But how can we truly grasp concepts if we don't challenge things or explore things?

I have found that to be true in all areas of my life. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I'm so interested in becoming a lawyer. Because I want to know the truth. If something intrigues me, I honestly like to dissect it and discover all of its parts that may or may not be hidden. I like to know people, about them, where they come from, their stories, and where they are in life.

All of these cultural studies greatly interests me.

Luke was such an amazing servant and figure during this time. I am really excited to read the rest of this book :) It gets me going in the morning and sets my day right and has me thinking about things all day! Some people work out their bodies in the morning, I just have got to work out my spirit... If not, my day is imbalanced and ungrounded!

One more thing I would like to add to my random post. One of my best friends Sarah is seriously amazing. I love her Facebook statuses, the way she lives her life, and the servant she is to her husband. They are just so cute together, and so in love after over 2 1/2 years of being together. Yes, they have had their struggles, but they have always been striving towards God, never away from him. I just hope that when I'm a wife, I can really be a Proverbs 31 wife, and a wife that Sarah is everyday. 

God bless,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment