Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 100

You know how when you start a diet, or a "healthier lifestyle," the first thing you change is your nutrition--you change your insides? That's what I feel like these 100 days has been about for me--changing myself from the inside out.

But it is amazing what the outer influences can do to your inner workings. Music, movies, books, class discussions, friends, even family. One thing that I know that is absolutely essential in living for God though, is sacrifice. It's kind of a key tenet of being a Jesus follower. Luke 14:33 says, "So you cannot become my disciple without giving up everything you own."

There it is. It's amazing how the Word actually tells you how to live your life, and isn't just there to open on Sunday Mornings. There have been mornings where all I want to do is sleep in those extra 30 minutes where I do my Bible time. There have been times where I just don't feel like reading through long lists of not the most exciting stuff in the Old Testament. There are times when some of the readings seem a bit monotonous, but the power of God always shines through.

I'm not going to say that I have made some huge sacrifice--I haven't given up my entire life to be a missionary overseas, but I have completely changed my life and sacrificed in my own ways. I think sacrifice is all relative, though. God has huge plans for me in my life, and going to school is one of them. I haven't felt the call to drop everything... And so I don't think that's in the cards for me at this point in time.

God has a perfect and absolutely beautiful plan for everything. My sacrifice, my cross, has been abandoning pleasures that I used to relish in. It's about actually humbling myself and sometimes remaining silent than to try and lift myself up.

And let me be the first to tell you that I fail nearly everyday. Pretty much. But that's what is so fantastic and wonderful about grace. How we can stumble, fall, and not feel like getting back up everyday, but God is here to lift us up and wipe off the dirt. He's here to say, "Let's go... I am with you always."

Always.. And forever... Seriously. I just love my God.

Does anyone need any prayers? Please feel free to ask and I'll add you to my prayer list.

God bless,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment