Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 111

Yesterday, was a busy day activity wise, and I should have gotten a lot of homework done, but I made some different choices and watched One Tree Hill, cooked, and cleaned instead. It was wonderful! But today I'm going to really hit it hard. I have some energy and some drive to get a lot of stuff done.

One of today's stories really moved me. Well, they all do, but every time I read this one, I honestly tear up a little bit.

"While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in the collection box. Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins.
“I tell you the truth,” Jesus said, “this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them. For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has.”"

Luke 21:1-4 


This woman, who has no one.. Gave everything she had for the sake of Jesus. She sacrificed more than she realistically could because she knew these things didn't matter in this life. 


I just want to have that selfless sacrifice. I just want to be able to give all that I have without worrying what I'm going to do next. I try not to worry, I try to just trust God... But I just can't fully abandon all of my cares and fears of this life.


I'm not stressed about anything, and I do trust God, but not absolutely completely. And it's something I have to work on everyday. God will provide. I just need to remain faithful in all that I say and do. It's not about me, it's not about this life, it's about the discipleship I can give to God.


God bless,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment