Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 93

"“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."
-Luke 11:9-10

Love it. 

Let me tell you though, there are a lot of things that we ask for that God knows is not in our plan. I think that asking though, is asking for God's forgiveness and presence in our lives. I don't think it's material objects. I just love this passage because sometimes, when things don't go the way we want, we get frustrated and angry... But just asking for God's peace, understanding, will really, really help. It will be given to you, the doors will be open, and you will find rest. 

I've learned though, you can't just say: "God, please have this guy like me... God, please let my parents give me permission to go to this party... God, please give me enough money to buy this outfit..."

No.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
Matthew 6:33

If what you are asking for is glorifying to God. If what you're asking for is in His plan. If what you are asking for is the absolute best... Then, well yeah. 

This is something I struggle with. Accepting that my will may not be God's will. 

I need to stop asking God for things that I want, and focus on seeking him with my actions. Then the rest will come into play!

God bless,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment