Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 95

It feels great to be home. My amazing friend and mentor from church blessed me with a plane ticket home, and I am absolutely so grateful. I know I have said this before, but living away has truly made my family and I closer because we appreciate it all that much more!

Today's Word was amazing. Well, it's always amazing, but today in particular.

“The Lord your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live! The Lord your God will inflict all these curses on your enemies and on those who hate and persecute you. Then you will again obey the Lord and keep all his commands that I am giving you today.
“The Lord your God will then make you successful in everything you do. He will give you many children and numerous livestock, and he will cause your fields to produce abundant harvests, for the Lord will again delight in being good to you as he was to your ancestors. 10 The Lord your God will delight in you if you obey his voice and keep the commands and decrees written in this Book of Instruction, and if you turn to the Lord your God with all your heart and soul."
Deuteronomy 30:6-10

I love how the Bible is the "Book of Instruction." It's also called the "Book of the Law," and the "Book of Revelation."  Basically, the Book of Truth on how to live your life. I just think that is absolutely so powerful. Everything, and I mean everything, we need to know about life we can gather from His Word. He has laid it out right here... This is the ultimate "Self-Help Book." 


The Lord will make us successful in EVERYTHING we do. EVERYTHING. But there is a big clause with that... 'IF' you obey His book. And that's only if. And if you turn to the Lord with all of your heart and soul. All of it.


That really means to me that I must abandon my worldly desires and wishes for a higher calling. Abandon my temporal desires for a celestial one. And honestly, I haven't done that fully yet. I'm still concerned with things like money, and material items... I think it's truly hard not to be. But I'm really getting to that point where it's all up to God. My relationships, my friendships, my family, my finances, my law school stuff... I'm trusting God with where he will lead me and I worry less now than when I didn't trust God!


He died on that cross so that we can trust him, so that we can have EVERYTHING... And he paid the ultimate sacrifice. Can I?


Thank you, thank you, thank you God...


God bless,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment