Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 92

Allergies are killer this time of year. The pollen count is especially high today. But that's okay :) At least that's a sign it's almost spring!

I'm not sure if anyone watches basketball, but KU played in the National Championship last night, and lost... It was sad and I really almost cried. But you know what? The guys played their hearts out and just weren't the better time. You can do "what if's" all day, but it doesn't change reality at all.


"We thank you, O God!"
Psalm 75:1

Truly, we do.

I guess now I have to get back to real life. For months now, my priorities and activities have centered around KU basketball, but I suppose I can work more, go back to the rec more, and actually get my homework done in a timely manner.

It's funny how we prioritize our lives and our resources. I mean, things are really different in college, different than anything in the outside world. My best friend Jennifer and I were talking, and we were wondering what it's like to come home from your day, and actually have nothing to do because work is over! You can just go on a walk with your dog, cook yourself some dinner, read books for pleasure, have a glass of wine with friends... I just can't imagine.

And I can't imagine being in the place where Jesus was... I really, really would love to go to Israel. To walk in the place where Jesus walked, to go to the spot where his blood shed, to go to the Mount of Olives where he stayed, to go to Gethsemane and pray where Jesus prayed.

This week means something completely different. And honestly, because I have had my priorities in KU Basketball, I haven't been giving this week the attention that it needs. This is the week where Jesus suffered unimaginable suffering, the suffering that I deserved, because he loves me. Because he knew God's plan. Because he was willing to carry out any wish of the Father.

Father. Gosh that word means something so different than we associate it with. Father. Abba. God. Omega. Sometimes moments of thankfulness just hit you. Moments where you know how the Lord feels for you, and what this week means.

"Even though I walk through the valley
Of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle
Of the storms of this life
I won't turn back, I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming
For the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

Yes, I can see a light that is coming
For the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me"

God bless,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment