Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 35

You know, today's reading really made me laugh out loud when I got to the Psalms.

We have this joke between my roommates and I that we would make tons of money if we had a hidden camera in our apartment and made a show out of the footage because we are all so so goofy.

Embarrassing confession: I randomly belt out Christian praise and worship music all the time. And when I say all the time, I mean all the time. We would be sitting on the couch watching food network and I'll just bust into a Hillsong United song. When I'm cooking, when I'm cleaning, even when I'm having a conversation, I'll get sidetracked and break out the Shane & Shane. I tell ya', I'm weird.

So you can imagine, our house is pretty entertaining. There is me, a liberal artsy musical bookworm, another roommate who is an athletic training major, another roommate who is music education major, and another one who is just livin' life here in Lawrence. We have quite the entertaining household.

When Psalm 28 came along my path this morning, I almost died laughing at verse 7...
"The LORD is my strength and shield.
      I trust him with all my heart.
   He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
      I burst out in songs of thanksgiving."

Hahaha!!! Okay, God was seriously making me laugh this morning.  

Today is a busy day, so I'll just leave you all with that. Be silly! Thank God! Take advantage of life!

God bless,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment