Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 51

My doggie has been sick :( She got sick from the other dog that my roommates have. Their puppies--it was bound to happen. So we went to the animal hospital this morning and she got all fixed up. I tell you though, she is a trooper! And she is weird... When we got back this morning, she went into her kennel, and got out every single toy one by one and would play with them for like 10 seconds and move one, then would start each toy over again. Then she would take each toy back to her kennel, lay down for about 20 seconds and start the whole thing over again. She is so silly!

I read again this morning how Jesus raised that girl from the dead, and you know what? I feel like he raised me from the dead, too. For a long time, I had lost my way. I was drowning in my own selfishness and anger. Yes, I may have been a Christian, and I may have loved God, but I didn't have a relationship with him.

Relationships take work--they take sacrifice, communication, respect, and passion. They take an understanding, they take a love, they take courage and strength. They encourage one another and bring out the best. That is what God is doing for me. He is helping me to overcome some character flaws. He is giving me new life through him.

"I am on the verge of collapse, facing constant pain. But I confess my sins; I am deeply sorry for what I have done." Psalm 38:17-18

Jesus gave hope to the helpless, gave strength to the weak, gave wisdom for those who sought, and answered those who cried out for him.

I am so blessed to be a child of God, and I am so blessed to be pursuing my relationship daily with our Father. But it's hard. I know that I can be a disappointment. I know that I hurt him, and that I don't do everything to make our relationship glorious. But I recognize my flaws and I recognize things that I need to do to overcome them. It's all through Jesus.

"The wise are glad to be instructed, but babbling fools fall flat on their faces."
Proverbs 10:8

I hope that I'm not a babbling fool.

God bless,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment