Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 12

A long, long day. I flew back to Kansas! My day last night ended around 12:30 and started at 5:30 this morning and it has been constant go, go go! I flew to Kansas, battled the snow, then my best friend and I ran some errands, cooked dinner, watched a movie, unpacked, cleaned out the fridge, cleaned the baseboards.... There is still much to do, but want to hear something awesome? God has given me the strength and perseverance to continue my walk constantly with him! My best friend and I talked about what our faith is like, where we have been and where we are going, what we want to do, how excited we are for our lives, the wonderful foundation in Jesus Christ... I mean I was praying today, I wasn't anxious, I haven't felt overwhelmed. I have felt joy, and peace, and happiness... This semester won't be as bad as I envision it at all!

I guess as humans we all try to imagine the worst to protect our hearts from disappointment. I know that I don't like relying on people for important things because I don't know the quality and standard of their word, and I don't know if I can trust them to actually get it done.

I know today's reading is kind of late, but I'm ending with the Word, which I know God understands! The Proverbs passage really spoke to me today...
"Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with good wine." Proverbs 3:9-10

I heard it explained like this from my pastor up in Wylie: He said, "God gives you 100% of everything that you have, all he asks is that you give 10% back to him and he will continue to bless you."


That's a smack in the face. What excuse do we have for not giving not only 10% of our income, but our time as well. This is a pretty sweet deal- surrender your life to Christ, give, be a blessing and you get to be rockin' the eternal scene with Jesus Christ himself!


Trust (aka faith): That's really what it's all about, right? Trusting that no matter what a tight spot you are in, you can trust that the Lord will provide in ways that you can't even fathom. Trusting that God is mighty and Holy and the fact that Jacob stole Esau's blessing was part of divine will! I don't know why, but I have just really hooked onto the phrase, "Not MY will, but THY will." It's so powerful, it's a constant reminder of how to live our lives everyday...

Jesus said, '“Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do.” Then he added, “Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: ‘I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.’For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.”' Matthew 9:12-13


There is not a more powerful feeling than knowing you are absolutely week, than knowing that everyday God's heart is broken by a sin. God doesn't qualify sins, all are the same in his eyes. Humans are the ones who justify a lie- "At least it's not murder..." C'mon folks! I mean, I'm seriously guilty everyday, but Jesus lived a PERFECT LIFE.. He took the punishment that we deserve everyday because he loves us. He wants to heal the broken, he wants to help the sick, he desires nothing more than to give strength to the weary, but you have GOT to let go of your pride and realize that you are NOTHING without Jesus, his grace, and his forgiveness. He wants nothing to do with you if you think you have got it all figured out and you are going to your own celestial heaven. 

Fine then, go. But I'm a sinner! And I am so so weak. And Lord, all I know is that each and everyday I get strength from you. When I look at my actions, my words, my deeds, I yearn to hear your guidance and wonder if it's your will. I need you, Father. I am so broken everyday by sins, by the past, by the enemy's temptations. There is not one person on this earth who isn't just like me--weighed down by the world...

"We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are. For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins." Romans 3:22-24

That wasn't in my reading for today, but it ties into it.. Even Abraham and his descendents, most blessed, and later on David, beloved by God fall short of the glory of God. But those stories set up the need for us to turn our eyes to God and beg his forgiveness..

Our God is an amazing and powerful God who forgives and forgets. Don't keep replaying your sins over and over--ask God's forgiveness and move on! Try not to do it again and focus on making Christ the center of your life!

God Bless,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment