Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5

Praise God! It is such an amazing day being a child of the Lord :)

You know, I have been thinking about the past few months of my life, and I have gone through some pretty rough times. I went through a break-up with my longtime boyfriend and my semester at school was really really difficult. But there was not one day that I didn't feel like God was with me, that he was watching over me, that I wasn't alone. I knew that I was going to get through it, even though it was very very painful, and I was devastated, I knew that God was watching out for me. I knew that the Lord loved me so so much to protect me and bless me in ways I couldn't even imagine. I knew that what I was going through was just a test of endurance.

I have been reading many many books for Christian young adults, especially single-women, and I came across this Bible verse last night in the book Lady in Waiting. It's from James 1:2-4- "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."

God blesses us ALWAYS-- we need to just let go and let God! Sometimes, the most painful things in life are for our benefit, whether we see it or not. Our defining moment as believers is if we choose to accept the challenges as growing in faith and embracing a forever joy, or if we choose to turn away from God and be mad at him. The choice is ours and I will never regret letting go of things, and letting God.

Not only did the Lord bring me out of that difficult time, but the Lord used my mom in amazing ways. She would sit on the phone with me and let me cry and cry. She would talk to me and give me such encouraging words and messages about God's plan for my life. God was speaking through my mom, God was speaking through my friends who were so encouraging, and God was giving me hope and joy and a happiness I haven't felt in a long time.

Oddly enough, part of today's reading was from Matthew 5:1-26--Jesus' teachings to the disciples about who God blesses. God blesses everyone!! Especially those who are poor, who mourn, who are humble, who hunger, who are merciful, who are pure, who work for peace, who are persecuted for doing right, who have people who mock you... And we must rejoice about these things! In every situation, in everything and every trial, we must praise God because it's him working in our lives!

How we handle those situations is a reflection of our lives as Christians. Jesus said, "'You are the light of the world--like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father." Matthew 5:14-16.

Enough said! Don't let worldly actions disintegrate your relationship with God, rather let them redefine and reignite your relationship and commitment towards him!  God loves us just so incredibly much and I honestly feel sorry for people who go their entire lives without knowing it.

In the Psalms for today, probably the most significant stanza for me was "Because of your unfailing love, I can enter your house; I will worship at your Temple with deepest awe. Lead me in the right path, O LORD, or my enemies will conquer me. Make your way plain for me to follow." Psalms 5:7-8

This whole psalm was amazing today, it was just a beautiful prayer to the Lord to not only lead us in the right way, but to protect and love your enemies as well. Lord, your Word is so so beautiful! Why has it taken me this long to read it??

God has given us this book, this love note to us, telling us the histories and failings, telling of his works and those who are faithful, but ultimately, he is telling us how much he loves us and wants us with him in the kingdom of Heaven! We must rise to the challenge and make ourselves worthy of this! We must give our absolute all--not just a little bit. Not only 10% of ourselves, not just our arms, but our entire body, mind, and soul. We need to make him the center of our lives. What we put in for this lifetime will give us a greater and more beautiful reward than we can ever imagine!

Lord, how am I worthy of this? Thank you for paying the price so that I can live! Let me be a minister and let me be the light that you called me to be!!

God bless,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment