Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 4

Wow, it's only been four days? I feel absolutely rejuvenated and I don't feel weary at all! Matthew 11:28 is absolutely true: “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." Praise God! 


I was sitting outside this morning, drinking my coffee and reading the Word, and as I was finishing up the passage concerning God's promise to mankind that he would never destroy us no matter how corrupt we are, I looked up at the sky.. It's an absolutely beautiful day! Not a cloud in the sky, and a bird flew over me. I just felt the presence of God all around me. I felt that he was speaking with me.. I don't quite understand what he was saying, but I just felt his voice, and I welled up in tears. I am so unworthy of this kind of love! It is indescribable and wonderful!! 


You know that feeling when you find out something really cool about your heritage? Like finding out your ancestors were in the Civil War, or you are related to a monarchy? I totally experienced that this morning when the Bible said that we were all descended from Noah! All of us are brothers and sisters in Christ, literally! We are all vessels connected by a righteous man. Can we live up to it? I think that is just another goal that we should strive for everyday. Try and be like the last/first righteous man to repopulate the earth. 


I honestly feel like I have been at church camp for a week or something, because God has reignited this fire in me through his word. The story from Matthew this morning was the story of how Jesus called his disciples. Jesus called to Simon (Peter) and Andrew and they just dropped everything and left! He called to James and John and they just left their boat and their father. I feel like God calls us everyday to do something for him--it may not be to drop out of school and become a missionary in the Philippines (or maybe it is), but it may be to just sit still and listen to God, or give someone a phone call and ask how they are doing, or volunteer at a food drive. God calls us to drop our busy schedules everyday, yet we are so self-consumed in what must get done and what we need to do next. We are so focused on going on towards the next step, we forget that our purpose is to serve and be a minister--but we have no clue on how to do that unless we listen to God! The disciples (even Judas) listened to Jesus without question or hesitation. They left everything and everyone to serve! What a testimony.

The Psalms are just a beautiful praise to the Lord--Yay David! I'm just going to quote the Psalms because they are fantastic today (well, everyday). 
1 Answer me when I call to you,
      O God who declares me innocent.
   Free me from my troubles.
      Have mercy on me and hear my prayer.
 2 How long will you people ruin my reputation?
      How long will you make groundless accusations?
      How long will you continue your lies?
                         Interlude
 3 You can be sure of this:
      The Lord set apart the godly for himself.
      The Lord will answer when I call to him.
 4 Don’t sin by letting anger control you.
      Think about it overnight and remain silent.
                         Interlude
 5 Offer sacrifices in the right spirit,
      and trust the Lord.
 6 Many people say, “Who will show us better times?”
      Let your face smile on us, Lord.
 7 You have given me greater joy
      than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine.
 8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
      for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.
Psalms 4:1-8

Powerful stuff-- Have patience and think about things before you act--pray about them and ask the Lord for guidance. If you do, he will answer in some way or another! I think that's one thing I have struggled with and maybe we all do, I want God to answer me right then with the answer that I want him to! Not really the case, ever!
These Psalms go really too in depth to cover in a readable blog, but to sum it up...
1. If you are faithful, if you are believer, then the Lord will speak to you-- No worries! Just be patient, be still, and give him praises! Sing him a psalm, worship him, praise him, he is our God the Father! He deserves to be treated like the rock star he is!
2. Possess patience in all that you do--especially when dealing with people. Don't let your emotions get the better of you and let that cause you to sin because that does not glorify God!
3. True joy exists only through knowing God, no material possessions will ever fill the void that God's absence creates.
4. Lay your burdens on the Lord and just LET THEM GO! Don't dwell on miniscule things that can build a wall, of any height, between the relationship with God. God will be your beginning, middle, and end. He will keep you safe and will never abandon you, so don't abandon him! He will keep you safe in HIS design and in HIS timing.

Let's turn our eyes to Jesus and live for our calling!

God Bless,
Lauren




1 comment: