Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 23

I have lots and lots of homework. If I were my old self, I would probably be overwhelmed, stressed, tired, and a hermit. Maybe that's how I should be to hold to my standard, but I'm not. Now, I'm not sure if it's because I have just gotten used to school so I don't "care" as much anymore, or because I have such faith in God that I know that I don't need to worry.

Phillipians 4:6 says, "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."

So that's what I'm doing. If I'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed, I say a quick prayer. When I get a reading done, I say a quick prayer. When I'm losing focus while reading, I say a quick prayer.

You know, I love how my life has possibilities. God designed us single people to not have any ties and to truly go where the Lord leads. When I was talking to my friend last night, I told him all of the things I would like to do after I graduate Law School that doesn't really involve too much Law at all. And I realized that God was just opening my heart to accept anything he throws my way. I mean, I would be happy going around the country speaking at college campuses and revival events. I would love that. I would also like going to another country for mission work and potentially teaching English. I would also love to work in publication as an editor for a Christian publication company. I would also love to work in marketing or PR for revival events or Christian based companies. I would also love to just practice law and exert Christian principals into my practice.

God opens so many doors. God truly gives us a passion for things and he gives us so many options in ways we can utilize our passion and gifts.

But in everything:
"May the words of my mouth
      and the meditation of my heart
   be pleasing to you,
      O LORD, my rock and my redeemer."
Psalm 19:14

Whatever I do in life, wherever I end up, I know that I will be serving the Lord. He has given me a heart for hospitality, for young adults, a talent for speaking, writing, he has given me a love for Jesus, for young women, for reading, and for life. I know that God has huge plans for me beyond anything I could think of. I know that God is going to use my gifts for service. And I'm absolutely okay with that! In fact, I'm ready to get done with school so that I can being ministry!

Proverbs 4:14-19
"14 Don’t do as the wicked do,
      and don’t follow the path of evildoers.
 15 Don’t even think about it; don’t go that way.
      Turn away and keep moving.
 16 For evil people can’t sleep until they’ve done their evil deed for the day.
      They can’t rest until they’ve caused someone to stumble.
 17 They eat the food of wickedness
      and drink the wine of violence!
 18 The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn,
      which shines ever brighter until the full light of day.
 19 But the way of the wicked is like total darkness.
      They have no idea what they are stumbling over."

I want my ways to reflect my faith. I want people to see the way I act and carry myself and know that I love the omniscient Creator of the universe and that he loves me. I want people to know that my heart longs to serve him.

God calls us everyday to live by faith. In Matthew, the Gentile woman begged Jesus to free her daughter from demons, but she was a Gentile. "“Dear woman,” Jesus said to her, “your faith is great. Your request is granted.” And her daughter was instantly healed."

She rejected her wicked ways, overcame her pride from being a Gentile and humbled herself before God. That's what I'm striving for everyday and that's what we all should strive for. We need to get on our knees before God and just give him the praise and honor he deserves! Even the faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain. I'm hoping that my faith is at least a sunflower seed by now...

Lord give us strength today to exemplify your ways and to live our faith out loud! Let us be known as a generation who seeks to glorify you, God.

God Bless,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment