Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16

Happy MLK day! What a testament of a man of God!

Well I'm not going to say much because it is so late, school is tomorrow, and I have had a non-stop going day. I drove back home, got my oil changed, got my tires rotated, then went to the basketball game. And what a game it was!

But, today really reminded me of how necessary it is to consume yourself in the word. I found that today, if a song came on while I was driving that wasn't focused on our Creator, my mind would wander from Him to other things and temptations in my life. Tonight at the basketball game, there was so much profanity, which I haven't heard in so long, and I noticed my thoughts were becoming negative, I was feeling negative, and I was thinking those curse words.

It is so vital that we have our best army surrounding us when we battle the enemy everyday!

My memory verse from the passage today is: Matthew 11:28-30 "28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Speaking of weary, I think that I am going to meditate on the scripture for the day then hit the hay. Tomorrow's post will have my closing thoughts from the conference :) 


God Bless,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment